It's important, as I mourn the loss of summer's long, hot days (and cute sundresses), to recall the gratifying and wonderful goodies that the cool days of autumn and winter bring...
- The feel of being snuggled up in a yummy cashmere sweater
- The soft whisper of the fire as it warms my backside, and the illumination the embers create- dancing on the hearth (better than fireflies)
- As the world falls into an earlier evening, cocktail time can begin sooner (hey, as long as it's dark out...)
- The first snowfall that sticks (not the twelfth, but the first.)
- The smell of fresh pine from the Christmas tree and the wrapped up presents underneath it (and shaking them to guess the contents)
- As long as I'm all bundled up, I may as well partake in that extra piece of pumpkin pie a la mode. Mmm.
What are some of your favorite treats during these fall and winter months?