Sleeping is over-rated.
So as I sit here at 4:24 am, I'll try to distract my thoughts from the tiny stressors that plague my mind as I (hopefully) tire myself out.
Let me consider the food that I have thus far consumed this week:
- The over-all concept of the meal was good, but the presentation atrocious. Since the fish falls apart so easily on the grill, the result was a very piecey, unpleasant look. The yogurt sauce (which I cut the recipe by 1/3 and still had enough left over for the entire neighborhood to eat for a week) was very watery, and ran all over the plate. The result was actually quite tasty, despite it's unattractiveness, and the fact that I forgot to add the roasted cashews and red beets.
- This was actually pretty yummy- light and refreshing, and yet not very difficult. The chicken was a little dry, but I think that comes with grilling skinless, boneless pieces. The grilled oranges made a lovely presentation, but were not very delectable.
- Take-outI literally looked forward to Thai Gourmet all week. Mmmm... flat noodles with broccoli.
- PizzaMom came over with a pie. Yum.
- Grilled porterhouseKyle made us a steak at the beach. It was incredible. In fact, maybe I'll go enjoy some left-overs now...
And that brings us to today. It's been a few days since I have done anything in the kitchen, so better get myself in gear. Okay- going to try to get some sleep now (maybe I'll dream of some tantalizing treats).