No meal plan this week; as I look toward the next seven days, I realize that it will be CRAZY! A couple days out in Jamesport, a Giants game (for Kyle), a late work night... It's just not worth it to get a bunch of ingredients at the grocery store that I'm not going to use.
So... I'm starting to get the itch to return to work. I think it's all the back-to-school commercials that advertise a “new beginning” to the kids watching TV. It's me, however, that gets psyched up for a fresh start.
- New notebooks, pens, posters...
- Wearing all the work clothes that have been hanging up in my closet, rejected for the past year.
- Appreciation for a job well done, coming from someone other than my husband.
- An extra couple of bucks to put away in the bank.
There are some pitfalls to beginning anew, though.
- Interviews. I always get too nervous to speak coherently, and I inevitably say something stupid.
- Finding appropriate child-care for Avery.
- Waking up at some ungodly hour to arrive there by- what time? Seven?
- No time for things like grocery shopping, going to the gym, attending programs at the library, and missing some of my child's milestones.
All I know is that I better consider my options quickly, because the school year begins in a couple weeks.
I need help!